Mortgage Relief Information
Whether it’s their personal finances or small business finances, Americans are facing unparalleled financial stresses. Many major banks have responded very differently from previous financial crashes, such as in the 2008 financial crisis when millions of Americans saw their homes foreclosed upon, their cars repossessed, their lines of credit suspended and more. With COVID-19, the banks have reacted by doing a great deal to help their customers continue to live without the fear of having their credit ended or assets seized.
Plus, more and more banks are announcing new ways they can help their customers everyday so be sure to check the websites of the banks, credit unions or other financial institutions you work with for emerging information
Below is a non-exhaustive list of some of the largest banks by asset size and the mortgage assistance programs they’re offering to those adversely affected by COVID-19.
- Ally Bank: Offering payment deferral for up to 120 days with no impact to your credit on home loans for customers affected by COVID-19.
- Bank of America: Allowing to defer mortgage payments on a case-by-case basis
- BB&T: Offering mortgage forbearance for a minimum of 90 days for customers impacted by the current crisis.
- BMO Harris: Offering payment relief options on mortgages, home equity, loans and credit cards. Contact BMO Harris directly for more information.
- BBVA: Provides loan assistance for real estate loans, with up to three months of payment relief
- Charles Schwab Bank: Offering customers with mortgages or home equity lines of credit through Charles Schwab Bank and Quicken Loans can request payment relief for up to 90 days.
- Chase: Offering assistance with mortgage payments. You must call 800-848-9380 for more information.
- Citi: Offering various hardship programs for eligible mortgage customers. Call 1-855-839-6253 for more information.
- Comerica Bank: Offering loan deferrals on various lending products. Call 888-444-9876 to discuss options for residential mortgage loans.
- East West Bank: Offering temporary mortgage payment relief options for those who are unable to make their mortgage payments due to a disruption of income related to COVID-19.
- Fifth Third Bank: Offering 90-day payment forbearance with no late fees on mortgages and home equity loans.
- HSBC: Offering financial assistance programs to help with customers’ mortgage or home equity loan payments who have suffered financial hardship. Call 855-806-4657 for more information.
- Huntington National Bank: Offering up to 90 days of payment deferral on all consumer loans, including residential mortgages, for those experiencing financial hardship as a result of COVID-19.
- KeyBank: Defer payments for up to 90 days upon request
- M&T Bank: Offering mortgage and home equity repayment assistance to customers whose income has been reduced due to COVID-19 impact.
- New York Community Bank: Offering 90-day residential mortgage payment forbearances for customers whose income has been negatively impacted by events linked to COVID-19.
- PNC Bank: Offering to postpone payments for up to 90 days with no late fees for customers with mortgages or home equity loans, among other lending products that are eligible.
- Regions Bank: Offering consumer mortgage payment relief upon request for 90 days for those negatively impacted by COVID-19.
- SunTrust: Offering mortgage forbearance for a minimum of 90 days for customers impacted by the current crisis.
- TD Bank: Offering payment deferral program for mortgages and home equity loans or lines of credit, as well as waiving late payment fees on each type of home loan product.
- Truist: Payment forbearance for a minimum of 90 days
- Union Bank: Offering assistance with your mortgage or home equity account. For more information, called 800-237-0561
- U.S. Bank: Payment forbearance for up to 90 days with no late fees